The DIM Math Innov will provide up to 9 PhD fellowships of 3 year, in mathematics and in computer science, starting in October 2021.
All candidates must :
- be holders of a master
- register in a doctoral school in October 2021
- choose a laboratory in one of the DIM Math Innov's network
There is no nationality criteria nor age limit. However, if a candidate is more than 30 years old, he/she has to justify from his/her professional career.
At each stage of the process we will ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and in accordance with the DIM Math Innov's equal opportunities policy.
Not eligible :
- Candidates already registered to another doctoral school
- Candidates who have already defended another thesis
Selection criteria are based on :
- The scientific interest of the thesis subject
- The scientific background of each candidate
- The feasibility of the project and its consistency with the thematic axes of the DIM Math Innov (emerging mathematics, interfacing with the business world, opening to new fields of mathematics and technology of the future and those which bring innovation. Such as : Energy, Bank-finance-insurance, Health, Network-transport-telecommunication, smart cities)
Each PhD student will sign a doctoral contract, starting on october 1st, with one of the Dim Math Innov universities or institution.
They'll receive around 3295 €/month (= Total payroll cost to the employer) : i.e 1750€/month average net salary *
*This amount does not take into account the withholding tax. Since January 2019, income tax is directly deducted from wages. The default tax rate is approximately 8%. It depends on your family situation.
Laureates will also have to communicate about their work. Three reports will be asked :
- At the end of the 1st year (a short oral presentation)
- At the end of the second year (a written report)
- At the end of the thesis (a written report)
Applications have to be submitted online . Ensure that all required attachments are included. Incomplete or incorrect applications will not be considered.
Besides of filling out the forms as indicated, you should upload :
- A cover letter (motivation letter)
- A CV including a list of the most relevant texts, publications, exhibitions or other projects and your educational background.
- Masters grades.
- A letter of recommendation from your thesis director (the director of the host laboratory should sign the letter too)
- A letter of recommendation from a professor of the master you followed.
- A thesis project (cosigned with the thesis director)
All applications must be complete between March, 1st 2021 and May, 20th 2021 (23.59pm Paris Time)
For more information, please contact : contact @ dim-mathinnov.fr